How to Help
Calvary Wish List
Your donations can help provide the essential supplies that keep our programs running, and help meet the basic needs of women at our programs.
Calvary accepts donations of the following items:
- Linens (new/unused)
- Light colored twin-size sheet sets
- Towels and washcloths
- Twin-size comforters and blankets
- Food and Sundries (new/unused)
- Dry goods: ground coffee, rice, pasta, loaves of bread, cereal and beans
- Canned foods: corn, tomatoes, beans, stocks (chicken and beef), peanut butter and jelly
- Feminine hygiene products
- Full sized bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash
- Bar soap
- Full sized toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Pajamas (larger sizes preferred)
- Gift certificates and Passes
- Metro fare cards to help women get to work, school, or medical appointments.
- Gift cards (Target, CVS, Bed Bath and Beyond, Visa, AmEx)
- Gift certificates for manicures, facials, or massages
- Movie and theater tickets
- Cleaning supplies (new/unused)
- Window cleaner, toilet scrub, all-surface wipes, etc.
- Liquid laundry detergent pods
- Liquid dish soap
- Liquid hand soap
Or, you can make a donation from our online wish list
, and your gifts will be delivered directly to our programs.
- Please call to make an appointment for your delivery. Contact Janae Detwiler at (202) 678- 2341 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your delivery ahead of time.
- All donations must be delivered to: 1217 Good Hope Road SE, Washington, DC 20020.
- Due to limited storage space, we are not able to accept donations of clothing or shoes (new or used). We will accept furniture on an as-needed basis for use by women transitioning out of our program and into their own homes. If you are looking to donate furniture or household items, please contact Janae Detwiler at (202) 678-2341 or email@example.com. For a list of organizations in the city that accept clothing and furniture, please visit: http://donatesmartdc.wordpress.com)